Friday, September 5, 2008

Fool me Twice

Once safely back at Seawell, the group part company. Mendez though is wracked with guilt.
After a day or so, he makes his way through the turmoil of the city to the, still immaculate, temple of St Cuthbert.
“May I please visit with Elolar and Elogyn?”
He is taken through the silent halls full of acolytes studying the ancient scriptures until he finds himself at the spartan rooms of his friends.
“I’ve come to beg for your forgiveness.”
Knelling, Mendez bows his head. “Twice now I’ve been tricked into foolish rescues and twice you have helped me in my folly. I know that my friendship has cost you and I am truly sorry.”
The normally dashing Mendez looks honestly penitent.
“If there is anything I can do …”
On noting Eolar and Elogyn’s continued silence, Mendez leaves the chamber.
“I really am truly sorry.”

No comments: