Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Experience is all that Matters

Well I hope you’re all proud of yourselves.

Despite your hardship, you have gained no additional gold or treasure since the Harpies. I must be getting even more miserly in my advancing years.

As for experience… Well it’s fortunate that D&D doesn’t care if you defeat good or evil.
The following listing includes everything from the ‘Windy walkway’ to the surrender of the ‘Monsters for Good’.

A lot of you have been hovering at the same level for a while now but (however misguided) the last battle was a tough one and it could have easily gone the other way.

Ned fled before the battle.
Thesis dead.
Durin’s legendary bravery failed him.
Chen mostly avoided the big hitters.
Eolar and Elogyn seemed more than willing to run and hide. (I thought they were going to put their own safety before saving the life of Durin!)
It was only really down to the spell caster’s casual disregard for life, that you defeated them at all.
Wer and Bodush saved you all from a real beating.

Eolar: Level 12: 68,009 xp (Up a level!)
Elogyn: Level 9: 36,826 xp (Up a level!)
Durin: Level 11: 56,242 xp (Up a level!)
Wer: Level 11: 56,145 xp (Up a level!)
Bodush: Level 10: 45,006 xp (Up a level!)
Thes-hiss: Level 9: 43,275 xp (Down a level. Sort of?)
Chen: Level 9: 40,231 xp
Ned: Level 6: 19,264 xp
Mendez: Level 12: 70,452 xp

Everyone whose character(s) have gone up a level roll HP increases in front of Sven. (Sven can pick anyone he wants as a witness.)
Send me the revised character sheets as soon as you’ve done them.

5 comments:

Joebroesel said...

"Eolar and Elogyn seemed more than willing to run and hide. (I thought they were going to put their own safety before saving the life of Durin!)"

I was absent for 2/3rds of the whole battle and when I finally joined in I was hit twice which got me down to single numbers :) I had prepared mostly buff spells but since I couldn't reach characters or they didn't stay in my vicinity I couldn't really do a lot which was annoying :)

And of course both characters would rather survive than to help Durin if the decision is either him or me. He is chaotic after all which led to the injuries in the first place. I don't want to encourage this behaviour :D

Insanodag said...

...I don't think Bodush has ever cast as many spells as that before.

Hedzor said...

Actually it was Bodush's remaining arsenal that caused their surrender.

TieDye said...

Sure, because the best way not to encourage behaviour from someone is to let them die. Did you even study psychology? ;)

Insanodag said...

Well, if all you want to do is extinguish unwanted behaviour, then death seems a pretty solid way of doing it.

Of course if you want to encourage more appropriate behaviour, then it is a slightly different manner.